Thursday 15 July 2010

Mexican Adventure:Rain

As I said before, it is the rainy season in central Mexico and I did well to escape the European heatwave by travelling to Mexico. But on Monday I was caught in a tropical torrential rainfall that turned the streets and pavements into rivers within minutes. I was lucky, a lady in a shop asked me to come in and wait there, but still, being stuck for an hour because of the weather is something that a German finds hard to swallow.

In Germany people would get upset, look at their watches and blame the government. Or the opposition. Or both. In any case, they would expect the world to end soon. Here in Guadalajara, however, everybody just waited patiently until the street appeared again and one could walk on. And isn't that the best way to cope? After all, we cannot change the weather, so why get a heart attack about it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment